Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What's your theme?

Do you do themes?

 Every year our family agrees on a Christmas "theme." A couple of years ago it was "Christmas at Hogwarts." I went over the top and also did our youngest's birthday in the same theme. It turned out really well I must say, (patting my own back.)


This was before I COMPLETELY changed our decor.
 
 
 
 
 
Here are some of the refereshments our holiday guests enjoyed...
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I even had the Hogwarts enchanted ceiling with "floating candles." So cool!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last year's theme was simple, "vintage Christmas."
 
 
 
 
 
 
I felt as though I had found my footing toward the vintage look I had always wanted. It was a large leap from the "lodge look" that Mr. Romantic Treasures and I had adopted many many years ago. I was so sick of the dark masculine feel that my house had. White paint does wonders!
 
This years theme is...
 
"Vintage Candy Shoppe"
 
The little ones picked that out. Can you imagine? We'll see what we come up with...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love those floating Hogwarts candles! How did you do that? And your header photo is so cool with the Superman belt on the vintage mannequin. Love the symbolism!
    Leslie (aka gwen moss)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie,

      Thanks for the compliments and comments! So glad to hear from someone, especially when I don't post very often!
      I applied heavy duty 3M poster putty to the ceiling and suspended the cheap plastic dollar store window candles filled with batteries by clear fishing line. The line was wound around the the top near the bulb. It was a pain to get on/off kitchen chairs to twist them individually on/off everytime I needed to light them, but the effect was worth it! I have to admit, it was a truly "special" effect for my kids! Worth it every time. ~Stephanie

      Delete